Building a Successful Bodybuilding Brand

Kris Gethin is a well known name in the fitness industry. He has also been connected with GASP for years as both an ambassador and close friend with CEO Michael Johansson.

Michael decided to take a trip to Boise to catch up with Kris, where they among workouts and other fun, also recorded an episode for Kris Gethins "The Knowledge and Mileage Podcast".

MichaelJohanssonKrisGethin

In this episode they dive into what it takes to build a successful fibodybuilding brand as well as the latest from GASP HQ, Destination Dallas. Listen to the end to hear what's next for fitness' premiere apparel line and what's coming with the BRAND NEW Destination Dallas gym.

KrisGethinPodcast

Here is what Michael says about the interview and the importance of keeping a positive mindset to be successful in life:

"My long time friend Kris Gethin invited me to my first podcast interview. It was a blast and I can't thank him enough for all the great things he do through his KagedMuscle and Knowledge & Mileage Communities, and the valuable addition he is to our GASP and Better Bodies teams.

Kris asked great questions during his interview and I'm sure there is some good take outs for those who wants to have insight to our journey. BUT I want to emphasize that the label of success always comes from within, and it is up to each and everyone of us to feel and decide what that means.

To me success can only be found in our own purpose and passion. In other words my only advice is that you should always make your own decision around what success is for you.

I strongly believe that positive things only happens to positive people and that true happiness and real success can never be found in negative thoughts and surroundings. One of the important parts of being successful for me is that we have been around for some 30 years doing what we do navigating both though hard times as well as good times.

I always felt successful on the inside during our 30 years even in our worst of times. This feeling is priceless, especially when you need it the most (like in though times).

We all have our individual circumstances, but If I go to myself I'm just trying to live by our WHY to change the world to a better place through fitness.

I'm trying my best to have a positive impact on anyone I meet on my journey traveling trough life preaching and practicing fitness.

To me it doesn't matter whether those I meet are 80 years old or 8, whether they are advanced and competing in Bodybuilding on an Olympia level or totally un-trained or obese. I feel the same purpose and passion even if my participation in the dialogues could be completely different.

We can all affect each other and our surroundings in a positive way when it comes to leading the way, in some shape or form, for a better life (and world) trough fitness.

Check out Kris @knowledgeandmileage podcast. He has some unique and amazing guests that together with Kris has been a great inspiration for my own development."

More in Behind the Seams

Show All
  • We Bought A Van - Meet The Iron World "Relentless 1" Van

We Bought A Van - Meet The Iron World "Relentless 1" Van

Meet "Relentless 1" everybody. "We're going to use this van to travel around the U.S. and train at badass gyms and meet really cool people.

Read More
  • Making The Texas and Branch Warren Bodybuilding Bars

Making The Texas and Branch Warren Bodybuilding Bars

We link up with Branch Warren, Buddy Capps and Mitch Stacy at Capps Texas Powerbars in Irving, Texas and get an insight look on how they make barebells.

Read More
  • Video: No Risk, No Reward - Michael Johansson

Video: No Risk, No Reward - Michael Johansson

Early Tuesday morning, GASP CEO Michael Johansson is here outside of ...destination, Dallas, Texas.

Read More
  • Video: CEO Catch Up with Shaun Clarida

Video: CEO Catch Up with Shaun Clarida

GASP CEO Michael Johansson catches up with Giant Killer Shaun Clarida to recap a very successful year.

Read More
  • Building a Successful Bodybuilding Brand

Building a Successful Bodybuilding Brand

CEO Michael Johansson catching up with Kris Gethin

Read More
  • Oli Beaudoin – Touring The Big Stages

Oli Beaudoin – Touring The Big Stages

GASP Ambassador and worldclass drummer Oli Beaudoin visited the GASP homebase in Dallas while being in town.

Read More
  • A Bigger and Better …destination

A Bigger and Better …destination

Get ready to see and experience a whole new ...destination Phase 2 with grand opening November 16, 2019!

Read More
  • Giving Back

Giving Back

GASP is all about giving back to our community.

Read More
  • Core Fitness Gym Beijing

Core Fitness Gym Beijing

CORE FITNESS GYM in Beijing is a new non-commercial hardcore gymnasium that is now scarce in China

Read More
  • Hardcore Wrist Wraps

Hardcore Wrist Wraps

For many lifters the first experience of GASP is the Hardcore Wrist Wrap.

Read More
  • Iron Update: Let Your Name Travel Before You

Iron Update: Let Your Name Travel Before You

To both new and existing ambassadors of GASP…

Read More
Feel free to provide any description you would like related to current problem. It will help us with further investigation of this problem.